We recommend sealing your natural stone with a penetrating/impregnating sealer to protect the stone and for ease of cleaning. Please read this section in conjunction with our Installation Guide.
The paving/coping & grout should be completely clean and dry before sealing. If Pool Coping is being installed around a salt water chlorinated pool, please read our Salt Water Pool section and Installation Guide for further advice.
A penetrating/impregnating sealer does not alter the colour of the stone. To intensify the colour of your stone, use an enhancing sealer. An enhancing sealer provides a 24/7 wet look to the stone. To see what your stone would look like when an enhancing sealer is used, simply wet a portion to compare. You are not required to purchase the sealer brand that we recommend (see below), however we do encourage you to purchase a penetrating sealer, not a sealer that only sits on top of the stone.
Please note, sealer should be applied in dry weather. If applied in cold damp weather (and also winter months), the sealer could look patchy until it has had the time to completely dry out.
We recommend Dry Treat Stain-Proof Original™ Premium Impregnating Sealer.
- Stain Protection
- Protects against efflorescence, freeze-thaw and salt damage
- Breathable: water vapor permeates freely, avoiding moisture build-up inside the material
- Treated surfaces are easier to clean and dry quickly even after heavy rain
- Retains wet slip resistance, existing colour and finish
- Suitable for indoor, outdoor, residential and commercial use
- Retards mould and mildew
STAIN-PROOF Original™ is an impregnating, invisible and breathable sealer that provides premium long-term protection for natural stone, tiles, pavers, concrete, brick and grout from water and oil based stains and damage caused by water and dissolved salts. Treated indoor and outdoor surfaces become easier to clean and keep looking good for longer. Further information can be found on the DryTreat website or by clicking here.
For softer more porous stones (Limestone, Travertine) we recommend a combination of DryTreat 40SK, and DryTreat StainProof or Intensifia, particularly for use around pools with salt water or salt water chlorination.
To enhance your natural stone, we recommend DryTreat Intensifia.
- Deep colour enhancement
- Super oil and water repellence for superior stain protection
- Longer lasting, even outdoors under UV light. *5 year Performance Warranty when INTENSIFIA™ is applied by an Accredited Applicator
- Easy to apply. Additional coats can be applied at any time in the future to a cleaned surface
- Retains surface hardness and wet slip resistance of porous flooring materials
- Will not flake, yellow, crack, blister or break down in high alkalis and reduces concrete dusting
- Breathable: water vapor permeates freely, avoiding moisture build-up inside the material; and is backed by a 5-year warranty
INTENSIFIA™ is suitable for a wide variety of applications, including floors, walls, cladding, facades, countertops, patios, driveways, paths, garages, kitchens and entertaining areas. This color enhancer works on a wide variety of porous surfaces, including all types of natural stone, clay and terracotta tiles and pavers, brick, concrete, polished concrete, terrazzo, encaustic tile, terracotta and saltillo.
INTENSIFIA™ is suitable for indoor and outdoor applications and for residential and commercial buildings.
Further information can be found on the DryTreat website or by clicking here.